Although the first official day of summer is one month away, it already feels like it’s arrived here in Massachusetts! When most of us think about summertime in the Commonwealth, images of lobsters, beaches, family barbeques, and rising temperatures come to mind. However, it’s also important to remember that the job market also tends to heat up during the summer months. For many employers, the summer months signal a time to hire both seasonal and long-term staff members.
Consider the 34 Massachusetts One-Stop Career Centers, which provide events and workshops that assist individuals with their job searches and career exploration. Visit our website for upcoming events and job fairs at Career Centers.
Consider the following job fairs:
• 5/23/12 – ValleyWorks Career Center's/Career Center of Lowell’s Merrimack Valley Job Fair
• 5/23/12 – Boston’s 12th annual Diversity Employment Day Career Fair
Next month, mark your calendar for:
• 6/1/12 – First annual “Hiring Heroes” job fair for Everett Veterans
• 6/5/12 – The Catalyst Career Group’s Diversity Job Fair of Boston
• 6/7/12 – Employment and Training Resources’ Job Fair
• 6/15/12 – Workforce Central Career Center's Youth and Young Adult Job Fair 2012
• 6/18/12 – National Career Fairs’ Boston Career Fair
• 6/18/12 – BioSpace 2012 BIO Career Fair (biotech focus)